I am Lorraine Dorman (MeMaw), 85 years old, and think of myself as a late 'bloomer'.

For years, there were three things that I always wanted to do: teach, paint, and write.

At age 46 I became a full time college student and earned my AA degree in Early Childhood Education and went on to teach for 15 years.

As for painting, I just dabbled along until my husband encouraged me to become serious about my painting.

I've done many paintings for my family, but now I have decided to make copies of my original paintings and sell them.

I also write cook books for my grandchildren, poetry, and essays. My 85 years in West Virginia and Florida have given me many things to write about.

"Thank you, Jesus."

Friday, November 12, 2010

RED VASE ON A TABLE SCARF







Needle work is not one of my talents, but it was one of my mothers, Mossie Dunn. She was the best!
 The table scarf is reminiscent of all the beautiful crocheted edging my Mama put on everything from pillow cases to handkerchiefs to children's clothes. My Mother was a very special lady.
The flower arrangement has a slight oriental flair which reminds me of my daughter-in-law, Kuei Dorman. She is an accomplished artist in Chinese brush stroke on stretched silk. A lovely lady!
If you would like to buy, please contact me at: lorraines.creations@yahoo.com or 904-764-9764

No comments:

Post a Comment